Lemon water is lemon juice mixed with water. It could be cold, warm or hot water. Lemon water is excellent as a daily drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. And it is especially good to drink around this time of the year when the weather is cold and everyone is susceptible to coughs and colds.
Nutrients in lemon water
Lemon is very high in vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus
Lemon water is low in calories
Lemon water is fat free
Water is a combination of hydrogen and oxygen mix it with lemon and you have an energy drink!
Uses of lemon water
A drink – Lemon water is good as a nice refreshing drink anytime of the day. It is always best to have it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
Medicinal – helps in the prevention and the healing of Acne, colds, coughs and sore throats.
Beauty – lemon water can be used as a beauty product in various ways such as: mouth wash, feet relaxer, hair rinse and face cleanser
Flavour in food – Pour some lemon in your corn meal, gari or custard. Bake some lemon juice into your cake. Squeeze some lemon juice on to your grilled fish. Put a whole lemon into your roast turkey or chicken before it goes into the oven.
As salad dressing – sprinkle some lemon juice on your vegetable salad and you won’t need any oily dressing.
(1) cut your apple and pour lemon over it, it will not go brown or chop your apple into little pieces and soak those apple pieces in lemon juice, they will not go brown!
(2) put your soggy lettuce or green leaves into some lemon water, leave them in for about an hour and watch your leaves come back to life!
For cleaning meat. Lemon is especially good with cleaning snails. It cleans off the slimy all over the snail. Other types of meats like beef, lamb and pork can be rinsed in lemon water for a good flavour.
Health benefits of lemon water
Here is a list of benefits lemon water has for you and your health
– Being rich in vitamin C, lemon water boosts the immune system of the human body.
– Improves the mood and boosts energy – instead of your morning coffee have a cup of lemon water.
– reduces pain in the joints and muscles
– helps in treating corn. Soak your feet in warm lemon water for 30 minutes. Then rub a pumice stone on the affected area. Do this once every day till the Corn is healed.
– helps with loosing weight
– Helps with food digestion
– prevents and helps heal coughs, colds and flus.
– Eases the pain of a sore throat
– It detoxifies the body.
– It alkalizes the body.
– Flushes fever out of the body
– It prevents and fights cancer cells
– Purifies the blood and regulates blood sugar
– reduces high blood pressure
– clears the skin of black heads and wrinkles
How to make lemon water
Ingredients: 1/2 lemon or 2 slices of lemon, one 250ml cup of water
(1) wash a lemon and cut it into two equal halves. Squeeze one half into a 250ml cup add water (best warm) to fill the cup and mix.
(2) wash lemon and cut into 0.25 slices. Put one or two slices into a 250ml cup. Fill it with warm water mix for about a minute for the lemon to infuse into the water and drink.
(1) With ginger – cut a thin slice of ginger into lemon water.
(2) with honey – add a teaspoon of honey to lemon water
(3) with mint – drop 2-3 mint leaves into lemon water.
(4) with herb tea such as green tea, hibiscus tea – squeeze half of a lemon into a 250ml cup of herbal tea
(5) with normal black tea – same as herbal tea, squeeze half of a lemon into a 250ml cup of tea without milk
Start drinking lemon water
Have a glass of lemon water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning every morning.
Please do not sweeten it with sugar, honey or fruit sugar are better options.
I would like to know what you feel about lemon water, have you been drinking lemon water for a while? Whats your experience with it? Did you give it a try? How did you find it? Do you have any questions? Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.