Gambia is a country in the western part of Africa.
This is where the Jollof tribe resides. They are the originators of the rice popular in west Africa today.
The Jollof Rice
This is a very healthy rice meal. Rice is cooked in tomato sauce.
Rice, Tomatoes, Red bell pepper, onions and Scotch bonnet pepper. Chicken or meat. Spices. Oil.
– Blend Tomatoes, onions, Bell peppers and scotch bonnet into a thick paste.
– in a separate cookware, fry chopped onions in 1table spoon of oil
– add blended mix
– cook till thick, mixing so it doesn’t get burnt
– add stock from boiled chicken or boiled meat
– add washed rice
– mix and add water
– cook till soft enough. Mix and serve